- Drink 80oz of water per day.
- voiding should take place no more than 6-8 times in a 24 hour period
- Normal voiding intervals should be 2-5 hours apart.
- people under the age of 65 should not void during the night.
- Each urination stream should last up to 8-10 seconds long.
- Avoid bladder irritants such as caffeine, alcohol, acidic juices, certain medications, and nicotine.
Proper bladder habits can aid a great deal in controlling issues such as urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, and yeast infections. Understanding how to keep your bladder healthy can keep you more active and self-assured as you age. Following are guidelines to keeping and maintaining a healthy bladder.
Sabina Weaver, MSPT-ATC-L Pelvic floor specialists, Dry Needling Certified