1. Always remember to tighten your pelvic floor muscles during physical stress, i.e.
- Before lifting or bending
- Before going up or down stairs
- Before cough or sneeze
- Before going from sitting to standing
- Waiting in line
- After using the toilet
- Stopping at traffic light
- While watching television
- While taking medication
Endurance Contraction- Keeping your holding power
- Hold for 10 seconds , relax for 10 seconds. Repeat ___ times per day.
- Your goal for repetition is that each one feels like the one before.
- Tighten the pelvic floor with a strong ,rapid contraction then relax for 2 sec.
- Repeat ____ times per day
- Do your lower abdominal exercise as outline bu your therapist
- Do lower abdominal and pelvic floor muscles exercise together (the pelvic brace) as outlined by therapist.