- Standing: Keep your knees unlocked, buttocks and abdomen relaxed.
- Sitting: Use proper support for the back. An additional cushion under the thighs keeps pressure off the pelvic floor and buttocks.
- Lying: Elevate the legs on a pillow or two.
Preventing stress on the pelvic floor
As you get ready to lift:
- Bend your knees
- Gently hold in your stomach muscles
- Exhale or breathe out as you lift (Don't hold your breath!)
Moving out of a chair
- Take your bottom with you!
- Scoot to the edge of the chair
- Tighten the muscles around your vagina
- Suck in your lower belly muscles
- Push off the chair using your leg and arm muscles as you breathe out